Underpinning all that we do is: ‘Let all that you do be done in love’ – 1 Corinthians 16: 14
TAG LINE: to sum up:
Success through application built on a foundation of faith and community.
OUR VISION: who we want to be:
We are independent learners who challenge ourselves to succeed through the application of core skills, knowledge and innovation, whilst building our faith and relationship with God and developing our sense of community.
OUR MISSION: how we are going to do it:
Skills and Knowledge: Using quality teaching, challenge and enrichment to secure core skills and knowledge and deepen levels of understanding.
- develop the ability of all stakeholders for the good of the school community.
- identify a progression of core skills and knowledge for all curriculum subjects.
- create a balance of structure, creativity and excitement in the delivery of lessons.
- always seek opportunities to challenge children so that they reach their full potential.
- Use our ‘Learning Values’ to be better learners in and out of the classroom.
- recognise barriers to learning and put interventions in place so that all children can access the curriculum and make outstanding progression.
- use assessment to have a direct impact on the children’s learning.
It is essential for all of our community to have the core skills and knowledge they need in order for our children to reach their full potential. Children need quality first teaching so that we can initially teach these core skills and knowledge and then challenge them, so that they can deepen their levels of understanding. We have a curriculum that we believe has the right balance between teacher-led structure and pupil-led freedom. We are particularly focusing on how we can enrich the curriculum to make lessons fun and exciting. See our ‘Curriculum Portal’, which is under the ‘LEARNING’ dropdown, for more information