Through worship we aim to become closer to God, develop our relationship with Him and take messages and actions away that can influence the way we behave and conduct ourselves.
- We have a form of collective worship everyday:(this is sometimes also referred to as ‘prayer’ or ‘liturgy’)
Monday: As a class community we look at the Gospel from the previous day and think about what Gospel Values this relates to.
Tuesday: As a Key Stage community we choose a theme, which is either related to that week’s Gospel or to what is happening in our local or World Community.
Wednesday: As a Key Stage community we have an extended worship that has a singing focus.
Thursday: As a whole school community we choose a theme, which is either related to that week’s Gospel or to what is happening in our local or World Community.
Friday: As a whole school community we celebrate the children’s achievements and talents and focus on whole school themes.
- In school we say prayers together, either at set times during the day or as a response to something that has happened in class, at home or in the community. These are just a few:
Our School Prayer:
Let us be happy, healthy and high achievers together
Help us to succeed through being able to use what we learn
Help us to be closer to You by building our faith and helping our community
Oh my God you love me
You’re with me night and day
I want to love you always
In all I do and say
I’ll try to please you, Father
Bless us through the day
Bless us O’Lord as we sit together
Bless the food we eat today
Bless the hands that made the food
Bless us O’Lord
End of the School Day:
God our Father
We come to say
Thank you for your love today
Thank you for our family
And all the friends you give to me
Guard me in the dark of night
And in the morning send your light
- We also have community worship. This might include:
- Mass in School with parents and parishioners
- Mass at Church with link Catholic School
- Joint School Liturgy – Yr 6 children from two schools
- Cluster Schools Liturgy – ‘The Big Sing’
- Mass, Soup and Roll – children attending Friday Mass with link Catholic School
- Catholic Academy Trust Liturgy with staff and governors
- Newsletters ‘A Prayer to Share’ – parents and children