Educational visits and the use of theatre groups and other professionals in school are important in supporting the children’s learning. These activities are funded through voluntary donations from parents. We hope that all parents will wish to support our activities.
We believe that life experiences are vital for the development of our children and can help them in becoming more independent and work well within a team. We provide the following opportunities throughout their time in school.
- All year groups – at least one day trip per year relating to part of the curriculum.
- All year groups – guest speakers or groups to support their learning.
- Year 5 – participation in ‘The Big Sing Liturgy Thing’, which is a multi-school Catholic event.
- Year 5/6 Choir – performing at The O2 with other schools from all over the UK.
- Year 5/6 – bike skills taught in school from an outside agency.
- Year 3 – Swimming lessons run through Swimarium in Harmans Water.
- Year 4 – Outward Bound Activities – day trip to Oakwood Youth Centre.
- Year 5 – Outward Bound Activities – 2 night residential trip (to be confirmed).
- Year 6 – Outward Bound Activities – 4 night residential trip to Hindleap Warren Activity Centre.